The IBM 4800 SurePOS 740 Model C42 is the controller model of the next generation of SurePOS 700. The C42 is optimized to be used as a controller in the IBM 4690 OS environment. This model can also be implemented as a controller running Windows, Linux, or DOS. The C42 provides the processing power and flexibility for full-function back office applications.
- Intel Celeron D 326 (2.5 GHz) processor (P4 socket)
- Capability to expand up to 2 Gigabyte of memory with two DDR compatible DIMM memory sockets that can contain any combination of 256 MB, 512 MB, or 1 GB DIMMs
- Second internal 40GB or higher 3.5" Hard Disk Drive
- One internal DVD burner (in place of the CD ROM)
- External USB CD ROM drive
- External USB floppy diskette drive