The IBM 4840 SurePOS 500 Series Model 573 (17 Leadership Multimedia) has a 17 inch, Active Color LCD with Touch. It also has a presence sensor, wireless capability through a PC Card type-II slot, includes audio support/ speakers as standard as well as a headphone port and a microphone port. It comes standard with a 2.0 GHz Intel Celeron processor (or faster) and a 40 GB hard disk drive or larger and 256MB memory.
The larger leadership model of this family displays excellent visibility in bright light via a 17 inch touch screen that provides the largest screen and widest viewing angle for showing large amounts of information or graphics on the screen or training many people at once. It also has wireless capability through a PC Card type-II slot, and a headphone jack for private, quiet training in active environments. An independent video adapter is available as an option to display a multimedia image on a second LCD for advertising or upselling. A presence sensor saves you money by automatically switching the display on and off based on the operator's proximity. Where stringing cable is not practical, a PC Card expansion slot enables the use of wireless capability.
- A 2.0 GHz or faster Intel Celeron processor, standard.
- 128 MB or 256 MB of memory standard on most models, with upgrades to 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB, and 2GB.
- 8 to 64 MB UMA video memory
- A 40 GB, 7200 RPM hard disk drive (HDD) or greater, standard.
- 12.1 inch, 15 inch and 17 inch Infrared Touch, Active LCD models (sizes depend on the model).
- Wall-mount capability for drive through or kiosk applications
- Port enhancements, including powered 12V and 24V USB ports, standard.
- A wide range of optional features including receipt printers, independent video adapter to run multi-media on the second display, and trays to keep the counter neat.