Wednesday, 18 November 2009 12:43
Our Green Program
Every step in Point of Sale Remarketing Group’s (POSRG) refurbishment process is deliberately undertaken to demonstrate respect for nature, reduce the overall carbon footprint, mitigate pollution and maximize environmental safety. POSRG takes liability for all purchased equipment, so you can rest assured that everything is recycled in a responsible fashion. POSRG also issues certificates of recycling, upon request.
As a result of significant changes in market value on point of sale refurbished hardware and a volatile electronic waste/scrap market, POSRG has developed a variety of complimentary green services available to all of our customers:
- Remarketing — items are identified, removed, tested, stored and sold (per vendor/customer approval)
- Parts harvesting — as a first priority, avoid disposal and extend product life (per vendor/customer approval)
- Physical destruction — of all point of sale equipment required by the customer
- Precious and low grade metal refining — competitive per volume purchased, processed and refined
- Electronic waste management — all electronic waste processed via R2 and Rios Certified recyclers
- Data destruction — discreet and confidential elimination of all data via DOD standards using one or more of the following methods; 3 or 7 pass write-over, degaussing, physical shredding.
The POSRG warehouse is a completely secure, lock-and-key environment which is thoroughly monitored by video surveillance at all times. We document every step of the process, including detailed audits of all products to be received, recycled or destroyed. Certificates of destruction (COD) and Certificates of Recycling (COR) are also available upon request.